Saturday, January 7, 2012

Russian Tea Cakes

Russian Tea Cakes







These cookies are one of my husband's favorites. I have even made these in the middle of the hot summer even though I consider them a holiday cookie. I got this recipe from my home economics class during my senior year, so I have had it over 20 years. Man, I am getting old!

Russian Tea Cakes

1 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
2  1/4 cups of flour
1/4 teaspoon of salt
1/2 to 3/4 cup of finely chopped pecans (toasted would be good)
1-2 cups extra powdered sugar for rolling cookies in

Mix together the butter, sugar and vanilla. Add the flour and salt and once thoroughly combined, add the pecans. Roll into 1 inch balls and place on a baking sheet. Bake at 400 degrees for 10-12 minutes. The bottoms will be lightly golden. While warm, roll in powdered sugar. Cool and then roll a second time. This make 4 dozen cookies.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment