Sunday, June 16, 2013

Brownie Chocolate Chip Cookie Peanut Butter Cup or Oreo Bars

My son gave me a challenge to make these brownie chocolate chip cookie peanut butter cup (that's a mouthful!) bars. I decided to also make a batch of brownie chocolate chip cookie Oreo bars. Liam liked them both but really loved the Oreo ones.

I liked the Oreo's best myself, not to say that the other ones weren't really good also!

I looked up some recipes for this but I decided to go with a half batch of my favorite chocolate chip cookies and my favorite brownies. I did cut down on the flour a little because one of the recipes I found said this was a good idea. Here is a link to Kevin & Amanda's blog to that recipe because I followed the directions for baking these and it worked out. This could be made in a 9x13 pan. I used two 9x6 1/2 in pans since I was making the 2 kinds.

Brownie Chocolate Chip Cookie Peanut Butter Cup or Oreo Bars

For the Chocolate Chip Cookie base:
3/4 cup of butter, melted and cooled for 10 minutes
1/2 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar
1 egg
1 egg yolk
1 1/2 teaspoons of vanilla
2 cups flour
1/2 tablespoon of baking soda
3/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup chocolate chips (regular of mini)


For the Brownie base:
2 square Baker's unsweetened chocolate
6 tablespoons of butter
1 cup sugar
1 -2  eggs (I actually beat an egg and used half of it with the other whole egg. You could probably get away with just one large egg)
1/2 teaspoon of vanilla
1/2 cup flour

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.

For the cookie dough: mix the melted butter and sugars together, add the eggs and vanilla. Mix the flour, salt and baking soda together separately and then add to the wet ingredients. Add the chocolate chips. Spread the cookie dough into a well greased 9x13 pan.

Place of a layer of Oreos or peanut butter cookies on top of the dough.

For the Brownies: Melt the unsweetened chocolate and butter in the microwave. Cool 10 minutes. Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well. Spread over the Oreos or peanut butter cups.

Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes. Uncover and bake for about 15 to 25 more minutes. Mine took 15 and now I am realizing that I could have made the full batch of brownies and this would be even better. They were very good nonetheless. It is a good excuse to make these again though!




No comments:

Post a Comment