Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Frozen No Bake Cookies





My first post, the first recipe I ever remember making by myself and the first recipe I ever memorised. Coming from a large family, this was a treat we always seemed to have the ingredients for. One of those ingredients being a big bucket of peanut butter. Do they even sale peanut butter in buckets any more? I love these and so does my 14 year old son. My husband and 19 year old son think they are disgusting. I think they are missing a gene or something equally crazy!


Frozen No Bake Cookies
1/2 cup of butter
2 cups of sugar
1/2 cup of milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
Dash of salt
5 heaping tablespoons of cocoa
1/2 cup of peanut butter
3 cups of oatmeal (quick oats)

In a sauce pan melt the butter on medium heat. Add the sugar, milk, vanilla, and salt and bring to a boil. Add the cocoa, stir well and let boil about one minute. Take off the heat and stir in the peanut butter.  Add the oats. Quickly drop by heaping tablespoonfuls onto a parchment lined baking sheet and freeze for at least 30 minutes. They can also be left to sit out at room temperature and they will set up in about 30 minutes.



ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment