Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Neapolitan Cake

This is my birthday cake from last year. Months before my birthday, I search for the best cake to make. This Neapolitan cake was it for me once I saw it. The year before was the Chocolate Guinness Layer Cake I posted. The year before that was a Strawberry Layer Cake. Mmm. I need to make that one again.  Searching for a good Strawberry Layer Cake recipe led me to my first food blog and then I was hooked on food blogs.


Do I look like I am going to fly away or what?

The cake recipe come from Annie's eats and I am going to send you there because this is an extensive recipe. I didn't have any problems with it and I loved the taste of each kind of cake. I didn't use her frosting recipe though. I used a Paula Deen recipe for Strawberry Cream Cheese Frosting. It's posted below.

Neapolitan Cake Recipe From: Annie's eats

Strawberry Cream Cheese Frosting From: Paula Deen
1/4 cup butter, softened
1 8 ounce package of cream cheese, softened
1 10 ounce package frozen strawberries in syrup, thawed and pureed
1/2 teaspoon strawberry extract
7 cups powdered sugar

Beat the butter and cream cheese together until smooth. Add 1/4 a cup of the strawberry pureed (use the rest for something else). Add the extract and then slowly add the sugar. Frost your cake.

So good!


No comments:

Post a Comment