Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Whopper Malted Ice Cream

I made this ice cream for my son's 21st birthday.

It was an easy ice cream to make. The recipe comes from Your HomeBased Mom. I modified it a little to fit my ice cream maker. The last time I made it there was extra. I would never want to waste potential ice cream! I also changed the ingredients some because I  didn't want to buy both heavy whipping cream and half-n-half. I already buy whole milk for my teenager. He doesn't have an extra ounce of fat on him so he doesn't need skim milk (lucky boy!).

See-totally to the top!


Whopper Malted Ice Cream from: Your HomeBased Mom

1 cup of sugar
2 cups whole milk
1/4 teaspoon of salt
2 cups whipping cream
1 tablespoon of vanilla
1/2 cup malted milk powder (I use Carnation)
1 cup coarsely chopped Whoppers  (I like some bigger chunks in there)

Mix everything but the Whoppers together and put in the ice cream bowl. My ice cream maker takes about 25 to 30 minutes to process. Add in the Whoppers at the end and put in the freezer until it is frozen to your liking. 



No comments:

Post a Comment