Monday, November 11, 2013

Iced Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies

I thought I would post another pumpkin recipe since this is the time of year when I go a little crazy for anything pumpkin.

This recipe comes from Nestle. They make really good kinds of chocolate chips in my opinion. I especially love their mini chocolate chips because they are great for muffins (like these Pumpkin chocolate chip muffins) and don't sink to the bottom like the regular sized ones.

Iced Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies from: Nestle

2 1/4  cups flour
1 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon of salt
1 cup butter, softened
1 cup sugar (I use 1/2 cup regular sugar and 1/2 cup brown sugar)
1 can pumpkin (15 ounces)
2 eggs
1 teaspoon of vanilla
12 ounce package of chocolate chips

Glaze:
1 cup powdered sugar
1-2 tablespoons milk
1/2 teaspoon vanilla



Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper or grease them. Mix the flour through the salt together. In a separate bowl-use a mixer to combine the butter and sugar. Add in the pumpkin, eggs and vanilla. Mix in the dry ingredients well and then the chocolate chips. Use a tablespoon of dough for each cookie. Bake for 15-20 minutes. Cool completely and frost with glaze. The recipe says this makes about 5 1/2 dozen. I get about 4 dozen.



2 comments:

  1. Hi Carol, Thanks for commenting on Emma's cupcakes! She'll be happy to hear that you actually made them. I'm going to give her this pumpkin cookie recipe and maybe it can be her next post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fuzz is a real cutie! I miss baking with my boys. At 21 and almost 17, they are not interested anymore, but they don't mind gobbling up what I bake. I look forward to more posts from your daughter!

    ReplyDelete