Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Beer Bread

Beer Bread

I don't like beer, but I sure like this beer bread! You can vary the flavor with the type of beer that you use. My husband prefers dark beers. My neighbor traded me a couple of bottles of Screaming Pumpkin Ale so that I could make a loaf for each of us.
 Beer Bread     From: Cookie Madness Blog (under: Fat Tire Beer Bread)

3 cups of sifted flour
1 tablespoon of baking powder
1 teaspoon of salt
1/4 cup sugar
1  12 oz bottle of beer
3 tablespoons of melted butter (Anna uses 5 tbsp and the original uses 8)

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Mix the dry ingredients together. Add beer and stir until combined. Pour batter into a loaf pan that has been buttered. Pour the melted butter over the top. Bake for one hour, cool and then slice.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment