Sunday, May 20, 2012

Potato Pancakes

I never had potato pancakes growing up. We had hash brown. My husband did but they were made of mashed, not shredded potatoes. He says these are a lot better. This is an easy recipe to mix up and fry.

Potato Pancakes Adapted from: Betty Crocker's Cookbook
3 medium baking potatoes, peeled and shredded
2 eggs
1/8 to 1/4 cup of onion
1/4 cup flour
1 teaspoon of salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1 tablespoon dried parsley

Mix all of the ingredients together. Heat a skillet ( I use my cast iron skillet) with 2 to 3 tablespoons of vegetable or canola oil. Make sure the oil is hot before adding the batter. Use 1/4 to 1/3 cup of batter for each pancake. Cook 3-4 minutes on each side, until golden brown. Drain on paper towels. I always  make these in 2 batches. You will have to add oil each time you start a new batch. This makes about 8 pancakes.




2 comments: