Sunday, May 6, 2012

White Wine Sangria


At a St.Patrick's Party this year, we decided to throw a Cinco de Mayo party with the neighbor next door. We both have fire pits and enjoy sitting out by them on the weekends. I am not much of a drinker, but I have been seeing sangria recipes for years and have always wanted to try making some. I choose a white wine recipe because I like white wine much better than red. I pinned this recipe a while back when we started planning for our party.

White Wine Sangria  From: wine.about.com

1 bottle of white wine ( I used Pinot Gris)
2/3 cup of sugar
3 oranges, sliced
1 lime, sliced
1 lemon, sliced
1/2 a liter of ginger ale

Mix the wine and sugar together. Add the sliced fruit, squeezing them some to release juices into the wine. Refrigerate overnight or all day and add the ginger ale just before serving.



And just because I think they are so pretty-here are some flowers from my yard.
I love these small Irises my sister from CT brought me a couple of years ago when she was passing through on the way to our hometown.
I forgot what these are above, but 2 of the nurses I worked with gave me these when I left my previous job. I have a ton of hostas in my yard. The person that lived here before me must have been hosta crazy. I have moved and divided a lot of them and given a few to my neighbor. I have grown to love them. I used to not like them very much. I am thinking of getting some butterfly bushes soon, but first I must get my vegetable garden planted.

No comments:

Post a Comment